Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I'm all Fasnacht'd out

It's a good thing we're leaving London today because I'm not sure I could handle another day of Fasnacht. (The celebration continues today and wraps up at 4:00 am Thursday morning) The verdict is in, however, and I give it the big thumbs up! Yesterday was a day full of an atmosphere I'd never experienced before in Switzerland-- one could almost call it Gemutlichkeit. It was "kids day", and the streets of downtown were filled with kids in costumes throwing confetti everywhere. By last night when Kirk and I went back downtown to listen to the bands and see the display of lanterns the confetti was almost an inch thick on some of the streets! We'll be sure to post pictures of our Fasnacht experience next week when we return from London. Until then...