Monday, February 07, 2005

It's all an experiment

I can't tell you how many times I say to Kirk "this is all an experiment" as I set our dinner on the table each night. I'm trying to use some of the free time I have in Basel to improve my cooking skills which I have to say has been really fun (and Kirk is always a really good sport about trying my "experiments"-- and not complaining). So I tried cooking a few of the new recipes from my recent Indian cooking class on Saturday night, and I was generally pretty disappointed. Suffice it to say that I am far from a master Indian chef after having just one lesson (which is no surprise, of course...). I feel like I followed exactly how we did it in class, so I don't know what the problem was. The chicken was actually not too bad, and both the raita and the rice turned out pretty well, but the chick peas were an absolute disaster. I threw them (the chick peas) out after we each tried one bite.