Thursday, February 03, 2005

Priorities

If there's one thing I learned over the past year, it's to try and remember to keep things in perspective. So instead of getting worked up about the pressing political issues of the day, (like the State of the Union) I want to use this blog to focus on what's affecting me right here, right now (I can say this because last night was the first time in 10 years that I didn't watch that traditionally painful speech!). I got my hair cut (and highlighted) today. I was really unhappy with my last cut, which I got just before Christmas, but I wasn't ready to give up on Guy because I really like him and he's done such a good job with Kirk's hair. Anyway, I was all prepared to tell Guy today about how I didn't like my hair, and how it was starting to look like a mullet, but I just couldn't be mean about it. When I eventually worked up the courage to tell him that I thought it was too short last time, he agreed and said he must have been having a bad week because he's had a lot of people tell him that that they were "shocked" with the how their hair turned out that week. What's up with that?