Sunday, March 27, 2005

Critters

Today was a day filled with icky critters. Because of all the recent rain, I noticed an abundance of worms on the sidewalks as I walked Grady this morning. I never remember worms bothering me that much as a kid, but for some reason they really gross me out now. I tried so hard not to step on any of them, but I'm worried that Grady probably smashed a few which means he brought worm guts into our house on his paws. Later today I saw the first sign of ants in our kitchen! It is totally disgusting. I remember this happening about the same time last spring... one day they just started appearing on the kitchen counter, in the silverware drawer... yuck! At first I tried to kill them all by squirting them with kitchen cleaner but I got really sick of that smell lingering in the house. I finally bought some ant killer and ant traps at the store, but eventually they all just disappeared on their own (after about a month or so). I always try to keep a fairly tidy kitchen so I really can't figure out what they're doing here. We never had a problem with ants in our house in Arlington either. I think it may be one of the only things I really don't like about Basel.