Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A gray day

After 9 days of sunny, beautiful spring weather, today is a gray day in Basel. It's been cloudy and cool and even raining a bit. I guess it's good for my newly potted flowers in our backyard. The day got off to a good start when I woke up to find dog vomit on our living room carpet. That's what I get for not stopping Grady from chewing up (and apparently eating) a stick yesterday. The day got even better when I arrived at the gym downtown and realized I had forgotten to bring a T-shirt to change into! I considered just going to Starbucks for a coffee instead, but I went home, picked up a shirt, and went back to the gym. It's not like I was in a hurry to go anywhere, so I really had no excuse not to go! This afternoon, I went to Ikea with a friend to buy a patio set that I had been looking at for months. Of course, they were out of stock! They expect to get more tomorrow, and I hope so because I'm trying to get our backyard ready for spring. I already bought a new charcoal grill this past weekend and I'm thinking it would be lots of fun to enjoy some grilled brats and a beer outside on our new patio set this weekend. That's my kind of Easter celebration.