Friday, March 11, 2005

Home again

After a very long day of travel, it feels good to be home in Basel again. We flew home on ANA, so we got to enjoy a couple more meals of good Japanese food before returning to the Swiss cuisine of cheese and sausage. It was a long flight, so I was able to watch three movies-- Ray, De-Lovely, and Shark Tale (which, by the way, is called Grosse Haie, kleine Fische in German, meaning big shark, small fish) Kirk is back at work, and I've already had a productive morning. I went to the grocery store on my way to pick up Grady at the kennel in Mumpf and even made it to my pilates class-- all before noon! Once again, the end of Grady's tail looks a bit bloody, and although it doesn't seem to bother him, I'm concerned that it's never going to heal with such frequent trips to Mumpf so hopefully we can get in him to the vet next week. Now I'm listening to a little Gwen Stefani and thinking about good memories of Harajuku as I get started on unpacking and laundry. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the jet lag kicks in...