Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I saw Kirk!

A funny thing happened to me today. As I was taking the tram downtown to my volunteering gig this afternoon, I saw Kirk! I couldn't believe it! I know this sounds like I'm overreacting a bit, especially considering Basel is not that big of a city and he does work downtown, but I never see Kirk during the day, and it's almost as if he goes off to a world far, far away when he leaves for work in the morning, so it was very bizarre for me to see him out in the real world during his lunch break. Unfortunately, I was on the tram and he was walking down the street (actually on the sidewalk, not the street) and he didn't notice me waving at him to try and get his attention. I noticed he was carrying a bag from one of the book stores that sells English books. Do you think he bought me a present?