Friday, June 17, 2005

My new favorite carb

I found a new kind of bread today. Whenever I go to the store here, I'm totally consumed with all the fresh bread products. There are so many different kinds --dark ones, light ones, seedy ones, crunchy ones, skinny ones and thick ones-- and I want to try them all. You know that rule about not going shopping when you're hungry? It's especially true if you live in Switzerland and they have a fresh bakery (which of course they all do). I'm totally enticed by the smell of fresh baked bread at Coop, and have to do everything in my power to refrain from buying a bunch of rolls for a snack every time. Anyway, this afternoon I bought a bread I had never tried before. It's called Bio Butterweggen. It was even on Aktion (sale)! I just ripped off a piece to try it (I'm so hungry and waiting for Kirk to get home from Brussels before making dinner) and it's delicious! It's buttery and really doughy (is that a word?) and I'm sure has nothing of any nutritional value in it. I can't wait try a slice of it for breakfast with some peanut butter or maybe I'll really splurge and have it with Nutella. It might become like the Zopf is for Kirk!