Monday, June 13, 2005

G and Me

We're having a thunderstorm right now. Grady doesn't like thunderstorms, which means I don't like them either. He likes to bark every time he hears thunder, and then I continuously bribe him to stay quiet and relaxed by giving him peanut butter in his kong. It's like his pacifier. On normal days, he gets only one peanut butter kong a day-- in the morning, right after our morning walk. But I also use it (too much) to bribe him from time to time. Perhaps you don't know what a kong is, but if you're a dog owner you certainly have one. We had our first thunderstorm of the year last night about 1:00 AM. Then we had our second one about an hour ago. Thunder and lightening and pouring rain. Then the sun came out for a few minutes and I opened all the windows in the house. Now we're having more thunder and lightening and the rain is pouring down so hard that it sounds like hail. I think this is a good night to settle in on the couch with Gray and watch a movie.