Sunday, July 31, 2005

I hate it when that happens

So tonight I decided to watch my second rental of the weekend, Boogie Nights, rather than fight the crowds downtown (although Swiss National Day isn't until tomorrow, tonight is the big night with fireworks downtown). I was about 45 minutes into it when, all of a sudden, the screen froze and it started making a high-pitched screech. Now I can't eject the DVD or even turn the player off. Tomorrow I'll try to unplug it and see if that helps. No great loss, I suppose, since the DVD player is probably the only thing I've ever bought in Switzerland that was relatively inexpensive, but it's still irritating. Now my entertainment for the night will be trying to calm Grady down every time he freaks out from the fireworks outside and hope he doesn't puke again (which he did two more times this afternoon)...