Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Unpacking

There's only one thing I don't like about traveling, and that's the unpacking. I don't mind the packing, the flying, the overall stress of getting to the airport and making all the necessary connections on bus, train, or airplane... all that stuff is worth it because I love traveling so much. But this afternoon I'm trying to find anything else I can do around the house in order to continue procrastinating unpacking. Is that weird? I never seem to be able to just put stuff away after it comes out of my suitcase. Undoubtedly I'll have stacks of clothes sitting around for a while. And it always annoys me that some of my clean clothes will need to be washed again because they get so wrinkled and have that weird travel/luggage smell when they emerge from the suitcase. Kirk just called from work and said "You haven't unpacked yet?" But now that he's coming home I can cook dinner instead of unpacking!