Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A day on a boat

One of my favorite things about Norway is that there is water everywhere, and thus, there are lots and lots of boats. I especially loved all the big ferries, which kind of reminded me of the ferries around the San Juan Islands/Seattle area and around Sydney. Traveling on ferries is very cool. While in Balestrand, which is on one of the big fjords in Norway, we spent a day on boat. It was a beautiful, sunny day, and the views throughout the fjord were spectacular. Here we are on the ferry dock behind our hotel just before boarding the boat. We've gotten quite good at self-portraits.



Like I said, the views were spectacular.



There were waterfalls everwhere.



We cruised past lots of tiny little villages like this one, called Undredal (population 130 plus a lot of goats and sheep).



Here's my boy, braving the cold for a photo. Don't be deceived by the sun... it was cold out there on the deck of the boat!