Sunday, December 11, 2005

Back to the tundra

After a long, but thankfully uneventful and stress-free, flight from Bangkok, we arrived home in Basel early this morning. The change in the temperature from last night to this morning was SHOCKING! I just checked Bangkok weather and it's currently 91 degrees. Compare that to a crisp 25 degrees currently in Basel. Brrr. I'm sure people were wondering what was wrong with us as we got off the train in Basel this morning without jackets or hats or gloves...

Overall, it was a great trip. For Kirk, most of the trip was work-related, but for me it was nothing but play. More than anything, it was so rejuvenating to spend a couple weeks in warm and sunny weather. I had such a great time visiting my friends in Australia, and I enjoyed Bangkok even more than I had expected. What a fascinating place. Stories and pictures to come. For now, I have to finish unpacking and try to tackle the endless piles of dirty laundry that we've come home with. The only saving grace about coming back to this freezing weather is that now we can truly get into the Christmas spirit. I have lots of decorating to do before Kirk's Mom arrives later this week from San Diego!