Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My life as a Hausfrau

Last night, as we returned home from Rome, Kirk dumped out the contents of his luggage into a big pile and said (with a big smile) "Someone has a lot of laundry to do this week!" That someone, of course, would be me. He's so cruel. But how can I complain? My gainfully employed husband just took me on a fabulous weekend trip to Rome and, so long as he keeps it up (takes me one more trips), I'm happy to clean his laundry and even iron his shirts!

Now I can add Rome to my list of favorite European cities. It far exceeded my expectations. I think Rome gets a bad rap sometimes. I had this image of it being too loud, too crowded, too dirty, and a haven for pickpockets and scammers. Instead I found it to be charming and full of character and a great city to explore. Not to mention that there's lots of yummy food! I would have loved the city even more had we gotten a bit of a break from the 3 days straight of pouring rain!

Now it's time for this Hausfrau to drive to Mumpf to pick up Grady. Then I had better get started on that laundry...