Thursday, December 15, 2005

Just call me gorgeous gums

I went to the dentist today. It was my first dentist appointment in two years. In fact, I had never been to a dentist in Basel, and I fully expected a lecture for waiting so long between cleanings. What is it about dentists and their lectures? You never visit enough, floss enough, brush enough, etc. Well, I was very pleasantly surprised. First of all, the dentist (who was very friendly and spoke English quite well) did the entire cleaning himself. And he was right on time at 9:30. I was in and out of there in about 20 minutes. And I got absolutely no lecture. Even better, he told me it was obvious to him that I was going to be one of those "bad customers" who only comes in from time to time for a cleaning and never has any other problems. Sounds good to me! Then he paid me the ultimate compliment of all. I hate to brag, but he told me I had "gorgeous gum tissue". I've always been told that I have very healthy teeth (I'm blessed like that), but nobody has ever complimented me on the beauty of my gums before. How did I get so lucky.