Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Grand theft

I'm stealing the idea for this post from The Big Finn, who stole it from a bunch of other people. Since I could only figure out one (barely) of his songs--and only after Mrs TBF got it first--I decided to try it here. My guess is that these will be easier than his:

Step 1: Get your playlist together from your iPod, put it on random, and play. [Since I'm indecisive by nature, I cheated and am using two playlists: six from "Pop", which is pretty much stuff that didn't fit anywhere else (and is probably the easier of the two), and six from "Chill", which is what I listen to if I'm stuck in an airport and want to tune the world out.]

Step 2: Write down the first line from the first 10 songs that play or close to it.

Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.

Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly. [Note: unlike The Big Finn, I have no intention of awarding prizes]

OK, here's the easier list:

1) In your white lace and your wedding bells

2) I found my locker and I found my classes - "Grade 9", Barenaked Ladies [The Big Finn]

3) Home is where I want to be - "This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)", Talking Heads [Stacy noblog]

4) I bought a toothbrush, some toothpaste, a flannel for my face - "Tempted", Squeeze [Stacy noblog]

5) Men reading fashion magazines

6) Love is a burning thing - "Ring of Fire", Johnny Cash--although this happened to be the Wall of Voodoo version [Ms. Mac]

And here's the perhaps slightly more difficult list:

A) New favorite, they all say it

B) I'm free now to direct a movie

C) You threw away the ballast and you rowed your boat ashore - "Make It All OK", R.E.M. [Heather...who named the band but not the song, but we'll give it to her anyway]

D) He searched for those wings that he knew that this angel should have at her back

E) I don't get many things right the first time

F) If you were to wake up and I were beside you