Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Who does she take after?

There's been a lot of speculation in comments and elsewhere as to which of us Baby most closely resembles, but frankly, we're not sure yet. (Besides, I've never been good at that sort of thing. Then again, I've been known to ask Gretchen if she got a haircut...three weeks later. Must be a guy thing.)

Anyway, here's my take on what we've seen so far:

Blue eyes...Me (but her eye color could still change)

Round face...Gretchen

Receding hairline...Me

Nose...Gretchen

Occasional digestive issues...Me

Difficulty burping...Gretchen (yes, my wife is the only person I've ever known who is literally incapable of belching)

Lots of energy...Gretchen

Angst and intermittent insomnia...Me

Strong will...Gretchen

Awareness of surroundings...Me

Love of snacking...Gretchen

Violent sneezing and hiccups...Me

Kind, caring nature...Gretchen

Appreciation of good books...Me

So I think it's still a toss-up. We'll let you know more as she develops...