Wednesday, February 21, 2007

How could I forget

I've already thought of a few more things that I forgot to put on my list yesterday.

Cows. You'd think that I wouldn't get excited about cows considering I grew up in the Dairy State (Wisconsin) where cows are everywhere. But there's something special about Swiss cows. Of course, I prefer to think that they are all dairy cows (even though I also enjoy a good steak). I can't believe how many pictures of Swiss cows I've taken over the past 3 years, including this beauty from Rigi.




Kürbis. Also known as pumpkin. There's a lot of here in Switzerland. I especially love Kürbissuppe. And the annual Kürbisfest at one of our neighborhood farms.

Good repairmen. I really appreciate that, when you call someone to fix your dryer, to pack your house, to fix an electrical problem or whatever else, you can truly count on the fact that they know what they're doing. They've been trained for it, they take great pride in their work, and you can trust them. Sometimes at home I'm not even sure whether I feel safe letting the cable guy through the front door!

Perhaps there's still more to come...