Monday, May 07, 2007

Missing my girls

It was strange to come home to a quiet, empty house tonight. See, Gretchen and Baby have abandoned me to go to Florida for a few days. That may sound decadent (and I couldn't help but be a little jealous when Gretchen called this afternoon as she was walking down to the beach), but in truth it's a work trip. Three years after being heavily damaged by Hurricane Ivan, the condo we never really wanted but inherited anyway is finally inhabitable. So Gretchen and her sister get to spend this week furnishing and decorating the condo while I play bachelor here. While I like to think I'll take advantage of the situation and go out every night this week, realistically I know what will most likely happen is that I'll come home, unpack a few boxes, go to bed early and be perfectly happy with that.