Saturday, July 07, 2007

Potential

We've never been big movie-goers, not because we don't like movies (although Gretchen is generally less into them than I am), but mostly because we just never got our act together and had to wait until they came out on video. Now that we have Baby, we can't even think about trying to see movies. Every now and again something comes along, though, that makes me think it could be really good even if I know full well I won't get to see it. The latest? "Superbad".

It could be that all the funniest scenes are in the trailer, or that I only think it's funny because I'm stuck alone in muggy DC while Gretchen and Baby continue to enjoy their vacation and anything would be funny under those circumstances, or that it'll end up being just another stupid teen flick, but for now I choose to believe it'll be good because it features George Michael (one of the great TV names) from Arrested Development, and because Judd Apatow (who I only realized after reading this article was behind some TV shows and movies that I've really enjoyed) is involved.

Anyway, the trailer is pretty funny (the family-friendly version, of course...the somewhat different R-rated trailer is here).