Thursday, July 05, 2007

The weight

I was weighed today, and let's just say I weighed more than I ever have. Ever. After gaining the Basel 15, I thought for sure I was due to lose a few pounds when I got back. And I did, at least initially. But I think the loss of pastries, schnitzel and rösti has more than been compensated by extra-large American portions and a lot less walking. Anyway, you know what's good when you're putting on a few pounds? A trip to Wisconsin, that's what! I did eat a vegetable or two while I was there, but I also had the following:

Grilled ham & cheese (soaked in butter, of course)

Fried cheese curds



Grilled bratwurst (more than one, and I'll leave it at that)

Frozen custard (I'm guessing at least a quart over the week)



Fried walleye cheeks (!)

Cheeseburger(s)

Grilled pork tenderloin

Grilled swordfish

Grilled steak



Grilled chicken

Grilled pork chops

Fish fry (an absolute Friday must in Wisconsin)



I just gained another 2 pounds typing this post...