Saturday, June 23, 2007

Vacation

I have to remind myself that now we go on "vacation", not "holiday". Whatever you call it, that's what we're doing shortly (and can I just say that I love that we have a flight in about 5 hours and haven't packed yet?).

That's right, we're off to...my lovely wife's home state of Wisconsin. We'll spend a few days outside of Milwaukee with Gretchen's sister's family, then up to the cabin in Three Lakes for some relaxation. Unfortunately I can only stay for about a week since I have a family to support, but Gretchen (being a hausfrau) and Baby are staying for almost three weeks. Tough life! It's actually our first vacation together since our ill-fated trip to Munich in March, so we're overdue (and yes, I realize how spoiled that makes us sound).

For some reason, ever since Baby arrived some primal instinct has kicked in where I translate everything we do to a song. Sure enough, the other day as I was telling Baby about our impending trip, all of a sudden I started channeling LL Cool J ("Going Back to Cali") and found this catchy little verse coming out of my mouth:

I'm going to Wisconsin, 'Sconsin, 'Sconsin
I'm going to Wisconsin...hmm, I don't think so
Milk, sold
Lakes, cold
She says, she likes, the cheese curds

(((Thank you, thank you very much.)))

Anyway, we'll be sure to enjoy plenty of bratwurst, frozen custard, fried cheese curds, beer, and other healthy Wisconsin delicacies. If we don't start blogging again in a couple of weeks, it probably means we couldn't fit through our front door and have to camp outside until we shed the weight that always accrues on these trips...