Monday, November 19, 2007

Grandpa's little girl

If there's one thing I learned during my time in Wisconsin, it's that Baby most certainly resembles her Grandpa Dick. I heard this numerous times from old family friends and neighbors that I visited with last week during our time in Madison, all of whom were meeting Baby for the first time. I guess I had already thought this might be the case, considering her fair skin, blond hair, and blue eyes, but apparently it's something more. Many of her features are from her Grandpa Dick, and very often her personality is also his, especially her strong-willed and stubborn tendencies. It's actually pretty cool to think that my parents' live on through our daughter. Somehow it gives me some comfort when I think about how sad I am that they never got a chance to meet her.

So after 10 days in Wisconsin, Baby and I are ready to fly home this afternoon. We had a great trip, but I'm really ready to get home to Kirk. Ten days was a long time to be traveling on our own. I miss our routine, I miss my wonderful glider chair in Baby's room (especially when I have to hold her during a sleepless night), I miss all of her books (we're getting REALLY sick of the few I brought along), and I even sort of miss our crazy old dog Grady. Arlington, here we come!