Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's about time

I think I may have just set a personal record for the longest time to read one book. I started "Breaking Her Fall" sometime around when we moved back to the States, and I may have even started it when we were still in Basel. Regardless, that was at least seven months ago. I liked the book and never thought about picking up another in its place, and it wasn't a long, difficult, or challenging read. But between the chaos of the move, our house, Baby, etc., I just didn't seem to have the attention span to get through it and would read shorter newspaper or magazine articles instead. Maybe once a month or so I would plow through 50 pages, then it would sit gathering dust on my nightstand for weeks afterward. During that time Gretchen actually read more books than I did, and if you know anything about our respective reading habits, then you know that's not the normal state of affairs for us. Then, lo and behold, a couple of weeks ago I all of a sudden felt like I needed to read a book again...and voila, I finally finished it! Now I hope my next book doesn't take me quite so long...