Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Wisconsin, here we come...

One of the advantages of being a stay-at-home Mom is that I'm not limited by a set work schedule (other than being "on the job" 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Just like last year, I'm taking advantage of that opportunity by spending a good chunk of time in Wisconsin. Madchen and I leave this afternoon for 3 weeks in the (hopefully) cooler and more relaxing northwoods. We'll spend most of the time at our cabin on a lake in northern Wisconsin, one of my favorite places in the world. Kirk will join us next week... imagine that, 3 weeks in Wisconsin is not how he's choosing to use all his vacation time! Although I'm not looking forward to traveling on my own with a very active, very "spirited" 2-year old, I'm very excited about spending time with my Wisconsin friends and family. And thankfully this year Madchen won't have to nap during the Three Lakes 4th of July parade!