Monday, August 11, 2008

To the beach

It's very common for the young, single, 20-something crowd in DC to head out to the Delaware beaches in the summer. Somehow I never made it out there, even though I had lots of young, single, 20-something days here in DC. Now, many years later, I'm finally getting my time at the beach. Later today, assuming the enormous and terrifying Bay Bridge reopens after a tragic accident yesterday, Madchen and I will be headed out to Bethany Beach. I'm fortunate to have a friend who owns a beach house there, and she's invited a few friends to come out and join her for the week. It looks like there will be 4 of us (late) 30-something, stay-at-home-Moms with our children. Yes, that's right. Four Moms and four 2-year olds. Plus one 4-month old. It will be a houseful! I'm not sure how we'll be coordinating/managing naptimes, mealtimes, bathtime, bedtime... but I do know that Madchen will LOVE having a week of nonstop play with some of her best buddies. And I'll love having some girl time (with some wine) after all the toddlers go to bed!