Monday, September 15, 2008

Growing up

Guess who started "school" last week?



It may be only one morning a week, but believe me, this is a BIG deal. For 2+ years, Madchen has never been out of my care for more than a few hours at a time, and even then she has only ever been cared for by her Daddy or her Grandma. I never would have imagined us to get to this point (not having had a babysitter in the 2 years of her life), but, for many reasons that I'm not going to get into now, this is where we are today and I've accepted it. Needless to say, we (Madchen and me) are both long overdue for some separation time. There's no doubt it will be good for both of us, despite many tears along the way (mainly on her end, I'm overjoyed at the prospect of some free time)!

Her first day was an overwhelming success in my book. Despite lots of hysteria (on her part) throughout the day, I didn't need to pick her up early and she stayed at school for the whole 5 hours. Fingers crossed that there will be even less hysteria tomorrow...