Monday, December 01, 2008

Just for the record

(1) Despite our complaints about the long drive, we had an excellent long weekend in Asheville. Mädchen got to spend many hours playing with her Ama, Gretchen and I got to go out on a couple of actual dates sans Mädchen, we ate well, etc. We don't have many pictures to prove it because our camera's batteries literally only last long enough to take one picture (yes, that's something we know we need to deal with), although I was at least able to take one with my Mom's new webcam that I can't seem to post over this slow dial-up connection. Oh well, maybe when I get home later this week.

(2) The conclusion of our drive home this morning was thankfully much less eventful than the first half. We took a slightly different route than originally planned to reduce the risk of traffic, and even though it meant more local roads, we didn't have any bumper-to-bumper traffic at all, and I even had time to go into the office and get to Baltimore (where I am now) before the worst of the rush hour.