Sunday, December 12, 2004

Home again

It was great to get back to DC last week/weekend--my first trip back since moving this spring. Unfortunately much of the time I was working, but it was still nice to get caught up with friends, eat familiar food, and get some Christmas shopping done. Being back also reminded me how horrendous the drivers are in DC--I'd forgotten what it was like to have people driving slow in the fast lane and fast in the slow lane, stopping in the middle of a busy street to look at addresses, etc. It's a bit like Beirut, but with better lane markings and signage. I re-discovered the car horn and the Stinkefinger.

I also had forgotten what a miserable airport Dulles is--while still not as bad as Roissy Charles de Gaulle in Paris, it's actually not far behind. This commentary pretty much sums it up.