Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A fondue burger?

McDonald's latest promotion in Switzerland DOES NOT look appetizing. I wish I was able to figure out how to cut and paste their ad so you could see for yourself how disgusting it looks, but I'm not good at all the fancy blogging techniques and Kirk is still out of town. If you really want to see it, you can go to the McDonald's website for Switzerland. I can't even direct you to that because something weird happened to our tool bar and I can't figure out how to fix it! Kirk-- please come home!! Anyway, back to the burgers. During the months of February and March, they are promoting 3 special cheeseburgers, including the "Fondue Extra" and the "Rösti Special". I can't quite figure it out from the picture in the ad, but does that mean the Fondue Extra is topped with fondue cheese? I have to say that would be gross. Cheese fondue is delicious, but it should stay in the fondue pot. Rösti, as some of you may know, is a yummy Swiss dish that basically consists of fried, shredded potatoes (somewhat like hash browns). They're often topped with cheese and bacon pieces (yum), or a fried egg (yuck). It looks to me that the Rösti Special is a burger topped with a hash brown and some cheese. I think I'd have to pass on that one too. Have any of you Swiss readers (or should I say readers in Switzerland) tried one of these?