Monday, March 28, 2005

More bracket busters

I suppose I should feel OK about successfully picking two of the Final Four teams (Louisville and Illinois), but the other side of my bracket was a fiasco. I made the same mistake as most of the fellow alums in our pool in picking Duke to win even though I didn't believe in my heart of hearts that they could actually win it all. (The notable exception to this trend appeared to be our friend Spahr, who not only threw in his lot with Illinois to win it all, but also didn't pick Duke to make the Final Four. Which makes him not only traitorous, but also smarter and quite possibly wealthier than the rest of us when all is said and done. Go figure.) So instead of Connecticut playing Duke in the other semifinal game, it will be underdogs Michigan State vs. the evil UNC (who are doubly evil for beating Wisconsin). Go Spartans!