Monday, March 28, 2005

Sans caféine

I may have found a solution to my Diet Coke dilemma. For those of you don't remember my dilemma, let me fill you in. I was a huge Diet Coke drinker before coming to Basel, and since moving here I've been totally disappointed in the Coca-Cola Light they sell here, and I still haven't adjusted to it. I actually drink it quite rarely. Now I think I've found a good substitute. The French version of caffiene-free Diet Coke! It's the closest taste I've found to real all-American Diet Coke. I happened to pick some up a couple weeks ago during a shopping trip to France, and now I'm totally sold! So what if it doesn't have caffiene. I get that from my morning tea. I'm still wondering, though, why they can't use the same recipe for Diet Coke around the world. From what I can tell, it tastes different in every country.