Sunday, March 27, 2005

The assembly queen

I think we're officially ready for spring now. I just finished putting together our new outdoor patio furniture that I bought at Ikea last week. I realize it's probably not the best quality furniture considering it came from Ikea, but we really only need it to get us through one season (considering we will presumably be back in the States for the summer of 2006). I'm very excited about using it for the first time so hopefully we'll have some nice evenings this week. The days are getting longer now that we "sprung ahead" last night. Also recently assembled is our new charcoal grill. It's not actually a Weber, but it looks like one. I was a little concerned about the process of assembling it when I saw that the instructions were in German, French, and Italian (and not English), but it worked fine for grilling sausages for dinner a few nights ago. I guess I'll never know what I was supposed to do with those 4 extra parts that were still left in the package even after I had put the whole thing together...