Sunday, April 03, 2005

I look like a lemur

Despite initial misgivings and a not-terribly-comfortable hotel, we had a nice weekend in Verbier (although much too quick--I was back in the office by 1:00pm Sunday afternoon!). The weather was nice and sunny--so much so that I fried my face yesterday. I put on three layers of sunscreen, but it still wasn't enough to keep me from turning beet-red since the sun was so intense while skiing and while sitting outside having an aprés-ski beer. Best of all, because I was putting the sunscreen on while wearing sunglasses, I missed the area just below my temples and just below where my sunglasses touched my cheeks below my eyes. So now I've got white eyes with bands of red around them, not unlike a lemur (yes, I know the colors aren't exactly right). Anyway, it should be loads of fun when my face starts peeling later this week...