Thursday, March 31, 2005

I'm gonna be in BIG trouble...

Imagine Kirk's surprise when he gets home tonight (he's been in Frankfurt for a couple days) and learns that I got a 120 CHF (about $110 US) speeding ticket! Those pesky police from Bottmingen (the next town over) sent us a letter today telling us they clocked one of us (they track it by license plate number) doing 45 km/h in a 30 km/h! They're big on using speed cameras here, and that's obviously how they got us. The funny thing is that when I first opened the letter, I jumped to the conclusion that "It must have been Kirk". WRONG! It was me. At 10:26 AM on a Friday, it had to be me because Kirk would have been at work. Sure enough, I remember that morning well. We had gotten back from Japan late the night before, and I definitely was driving like a bat out of hell that morning because I was going to be late for my 10:30 pilates class (which is at the Sports Club which is in Bottmingen). I guess I can't be too upset considering in all years of driving this is my first speeding ticket ever. Leave it to the Swiss to give me my first ticket. I suppose Kirk is going to have to do deduct it from my allowance. That's a joke, of course, he doesn't really give me an allowance.