Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Pig poop

Our house stinks like manure today. You would think that we're living on a farm! We actually live just a few minutes from downtown, but our neighborhood also has a few aspects of country life, including local cows, sheep, and many fields and gardens. They must be spreading lots of manure in the field near our house today, or maybe they're planting something, but whatever it is, the rain has really brought out the smell and it's drifting into our house. I can tell you that it's pig manure, not your average cow manure. I know this because a couple weeks ago Grady and I went for a walk through the field with a friend who grew up on a farm in Canada and she said "That's pig manure". Apparently it has a very distinctive smell, and now that I know there's a difference I can say that pig poop is much more pungent than cow poop.