Thursday, May 26, 2005

The heat is on

It's currently 86 degrees and sunny in Basel. That's hot! Not that I'm complaining... for weeks now everyone (including me) has been complaining about the cold and rainy weather, so I won't complain about seeing the sun. But I do think it would've been nice to have something between 55 degrees (and rain) and the heat of summer! I really prefer the 70s. Anyway, it's a perfect pool day, and fortunately I have a pool to go to (at the sports club which is for employees of Kirk's office and their families). Today was my first official day at the pool. Since I was gone last summer I never spent any time there (other than one day last fall when I hung out there all day with some friends but didn't swim). It was beautiful and refreshing and I plan to spend much more time there in the days ahead. Especially if this heat keeps up! The only bad part of the day is that my eyes-- after a brief recovery earlier this week-- are really bad again, so once again I can't wear my contacts. Being out in the sun all day in your glasses is totally annoying. All the pollen flying around at the sports club probably didn't make things any better either. It literally looked like it was snowing with all this white puffy stuff in the air. So now I put myself back on the antibiotic eyedrops again and if they're not improving by tomorrow I think I'll have to go back to the doctor again.