Monday, July 11, 2005

Krakow rocks

After a few weather-related delays, we arrived in beautiful Krakow late last night (just after midnight). We just got back to the hotel after exploring the old town for a couple hours this morning and stopping for a good Polish lunch. It's always an adventure ordering food for the first time in a new country where you don't speak the language... but we were not disappointed. Now Kirk has to start his 4+ days of meetings, but at least he had a half day to see the city. Overall, we both give it a big thumbs up. Good atmosphere, lots of old, beautiful buildings, and plenty of streets that are good for wandering/exploring. And everything seems to be really cheap! (at least as compared to Switzerland, that is...) There also seems to be an abundance of nuns. I don't think I've ever been to a city with so many nuns walking around. I'm excited about the opportunity to be here all week. I think I'll really enjoy it.