Saturday, July 09, 2005

A Wisconsin girl

The August issue of Outside magazine arrived in the mail today. The cover story is titled "18 Perfect Towns That Have It All". It came as no surprise to me that my hometown of Madison, Wisconsin is on their list. I felt compelled to read aloud to Kirk the section devoted to Madison in the magazine. It starts with this.

"It's easy to fall for Madison. Wisconsin's capital is like a girl who aces all her finals, paddles a mean J-stroke, knows how to tap a keg, and doesn't realize she's a knockout. (Oh, yeah, she can also milk a Guernsey.)"

Then I asked Kirk if he knew any girls like that. He responded with "I've never seen you paddle a J-stroke". (He forgot about the time we went canoeing together in Three Lakes.) I suppose that means he thinks I'm a knockout, doesn't it?!