Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Never on Tuesday

I can admit when I'm wrong. I don't always like to, but I can do it. I have to admit that last night Kirk was right about something, and I was a brat. After dinner, he suggested to me that perhaps Tuesday night wasn't the best night to make fish because Tuesday is trash day and now we'll have stinky fish garbage in the house until the next trash day (Friday). Even though he said so in the most respectful way, I had just finished cooking dinner and didn't like being questioned on my decision to pick up some Loup de Mer at Geant earlier in the day. My very bratty response, also said respectfully, of course, was that when he decided to cook dinner for me he could decide what night to make fish. Ouch. This morning when I got up I realized the whole house still smelled like fish. I love fish, but I don't like the smell to linger. So Kirk was right, and next time I'll pick a different night to cook fish (eg. the night before trash day). My only saving grace is that I baked a delicious Three Berry Butter Cake this morning so thankfully the house now smells of cake! By the way, the fish also tasted good, so I suggest this new recipe I found last night.