Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign

While not nearly as spectacular and prosaic as the fjords, we also saw a few funny signs, etc., while on our vacation. I don't know what a "Snuffel Markt" is, but (a) I like how it sounds and (b) it reminded me of Snuffleupagus, one of my favorite Sesame Street characters when I was a kid:



Amsterdam is one of those rare cities where a sign like this would be needed, although it would be interesting to see how many people actually choose not to puke there because of the sign:



Just in case you don't know how to push the button to cross the street, in the Netherlands they make it quite clear:



Finally, Gretchen didn't necessarily agree, but when I saw this in Norway I thought it could be interpreted as "no jumping your motorcycle over a car":