Thursday, October 13, 2005

Australia

May I just brag for a moment about how wonderful my husband is? Generous and thoughtful too. He has meetings in Sydney the first week in December. I would be insanely jealous if he were to go to Australia without me. I LOVE Australia! We were there for almost 3 weeks in December 2003 (just before moving to Basel) and enjoyed a whole 24 hours in Sydney last year while flying home from Vanuatu. So here's how nice he is. He has cashed in many, many of his Lufthansa miles to buy me a ticket to Australia! Business class, I might add, because I've become way too much of a travel snob to fly all that way in economy. Best of all, I'll be there long enough to visit both of my friends who live there (Jen in Sydney and Kristen in Melbourne). As an extra special treat, Kirk and I will be spending 3 days in Bangkok on the way back to Switzerland. I can't even imagine what an amazing experience that will be. I love Thai food but, of course, have never really had the real thing. I've been thanking Kirk continuously for the past couple days, but now I'm doing so publicly. Thank you, my sweet husband!