Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Kürbis mania

I think I've reached my Kürbis limit. Ever since going to the Kürbis Fest last weekend I've been eating Kürbis. First, I made my very first batch of Kürbissuppe. One small pumpkin made a lot of soup! Then I made a loaf of pumpkin bread to take to Ms. Mac and the gang last Friday. I liked the recipe so much, that I used it again over the weekend to make pumpkin muffins. Now it's Wednesday night, and I just finished making another batch of muffins, and I already made a loaf of bread earlier today! Of course I'm not planning to eat all of it myself. I'll give the muffins to some friends who just had a baby, and I'm hoping that our visitors (Pete and Zoe!) who arrive tomorrow from DC will enjoy the bread with me.

By the way, Kirk just came home and said "You're the pumpkin queen" after seeing all the Kürbis goodies in the kitchen.