Thursday, November 03, 2005

I want my MTV

So tonight it's the MTV Europe Music Awards, and after watching the first half-hour I have a few questions:

--Why is Borat from Da Ali G Show hosting? Personally, I think Borat is hilarious, but I'm just not sure how well it translates here. It's kinda like when a friend of ours from Minnesota saw Fargo with her parents, and they failed to see any humor in it whatsoever.

--What's the deal with Robbie Williams? He's HUGE in Europe. Heck, when my mom lived in Lithuania a few years ago she was way into him. And yet, I don't think most people in the States have ever even heard his name. How can someone so popular here (English speaking, no less!) be so obscure in the States?

--Same with Anastacia--does anyone back home know who she is?

--How does Madonna still do it? She opened the show and looked amazing, but isn't she like 50 years old by now?

--Why haven't we been to Lisbon yet?