Thursday, September 28, 2006

Travel mayhem

It's funny how my travels come in spurts--I can go a couple of months without ever leaving the office, then have a month or two packed with travel. There's no special reason for that; it just randomly happens that way. It's actually been really nice not having much travel lately because I don't like being away from my girlz for too long. But now things are about to get hectic.

Saturday I'm off to a week of meetings in Merida, Mexico, which should be nice to see (other than the 100 degree weather combined with stifling humidity) but a hassle to get to (three flights...what are the odds my luggage makes it?). Then I'm back here for a week, much of which will likely be spent trying to get the Chinese visa that I was so cruelly denied today because they wanted to keep my passport for a week despite my telling them I have to leave for Mexico this weekend. Then it's off to Beijing for a few days (assuming I can procure said visa), which I really do want to see. Then back here for the weekend and off to Rome for more meetings, but at least on that trip I'll be taking the girlz and we're planning to tack on a weekend on the Amalfi Coast. Then back again for a few days and off to London followed hopefully by a little bit of holidays, then off to a meeting in Nairobi, Kenya. As great as it is that I get to see lots of interesting places, the travel itself is exhausting so I have to say that even though it's September I'm already counting the days until Christmas...