Friday, November 03, 2006

Love letter

Not that I've had time to see anything beyond walks to dinner and taxis to and from work, but can I just say that I heart London? I'm sure I'm biased by having eaten a great Thai dinner last night and Indian tonight, but I absolutely heart this place. Everything about it. Well, almost everything. There are actually three things that I really don't like about London:

(1) Geez, is it expensive. Cost-wise, London = New York + Tokyo. No, seriously.

(2) On a related note, the hotel value-to-cost ratio is absurd. We're paying ridiculous amounts of money for a room that looks like hasn't been re-decorated since, well...ever. Walking from one side of the room to the other is pretty much impossible without moving furniture (or each other) out of the way. (Although in fairness, the location in Mayfair is excellent and the bathroom is modern.)

(3) Gretchen is pretty much incapable of walking around without singing Fergie's "London Bridge".

But I do heart everything else...