Wednesday, February 21, 2007

But what do you really think?

One question I seem to get from time to time is what sort of reaction we get from Europeans about US politics. The fact is, I can probably count on one hand the number of time people have tried to have a political discussion with me, and on those rare occasions when it does come up people usually go to great lengths to explain that they don't hold the actions of political leaders against US citizens. The bottom line is that while many Europeans may have strong opinions (which we may not always disagree with, quite frankly), I have never once felt the slightest twinge of unease about anti-Americanism. But I still had to laugh when we were driving to the airport in Berlin and ended up behind this truck...I'll leave it to you, the reader, to decide whether or not it's a representative statement.