Monday, May 14, 2007

Before and after

I realize that, from the pictures Kirk posted last week during my recent trip to Florida, one may think that we spent the entire week relaxing on the beach and playing in the pool. I wish. If I do have any sort of golden brown tan, it's only because I spent so much time walking out to the dumpster from our condo trying to get rid of all the furniture boxes and garbage we accumulated! Despite the beautiful weather and the Gulf of Mexico just outside our door, we unfortunately spent most of the week inside the condo or shopping.

I must say that my sister and I make a good team. Somehow we managed to take a totally empty 2 bedroom condo and make it into a totally furnished and decorated place (ready for renters) in just 5 days. Because I often had to stick around the condo because of Baby's nap schedule, I did most of the furniture assembly and my sister ran most of the errands (which was not easy for her considering she usually had to drive 45 minutes into Pensacola just to get to any stores). I even had to overcome my fear of putting together Ikea furniture. One day I put together 3 dressers and 3 night stands!

So here it is, before:



And after:



By far the best part of the week was having a girls week with my sister and her 10-year old daughter. I hadn't seen them in over a year, which was WAY too long. Baby just loved playing with her cousin Natalie and Tante (Aunt) Kris! As Natalie taught me years ago, girls rule and boys drool...