Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Keeping busy with Baby

I suppose I could be feeling very woe-is-me, considering my recent rejection from a playgroup. Somehow Kirk managed to get much more worked up about it than I did! Don't get me wrong, I am desperate to find friends and activities for the two of us (Baby and me). And I do think it's totally ridiculous that we are not allowed to join a playgroup just because of geographical boundaries. But I'm trying to just laugh the whole thing off. If nothing else, this has finally motivated me to get active in some other activities. So this is what we've been doing.

We're having a good time exploring some of the local parks. There are two playgrounds within a 5 minute walk of our house. If nothing else, Baby loves the people (and dog) watching!



We just joined a really awesome local public pool (that I never even knew existed until a couple weeks ago). They have a great baby pool with a sloping entry like a beach (minus the sand).



I just discovered a neighborhood playgroup that meets on Friday mornings (yes! right here in our neighborhood!) and we hope to go for our first time later this week.

We are now registered for a "Music Together" class starting in July that is offered by the county for babies and their parents to enjoy music together (hence the name).

Also starting in July, we will be in a "Wobblers" tumbling/movement class at JW Tumbles. I've heard great things about this place, and I'm just thrilled we were able to get in because I've heard that the classes fill up quickly and usually have a wait list!

Most mornings, when I hear Baby's first awake noises of the day, I think to myself: "How am I going to entertain this girl all day today?" But somehow the days go very quickly, and although I'm exhausted by the time we put her to bed at night, I love spending my days with her. How can you not have fun with this precious little girl?