Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy birthday to my boy!

Doesn't it stink when you get old and you just have to go to work on your birthday and it ends up being like every other day? I think everyone should get to take the day off to celebrate.

Since that wasn't the case for Kirk today, I took Madchen into the city to see Daddy at work (pictures to come). To celebrate his special day, we had lunch with him at the cafeteria in his office building. Madchen was much more interested in hiding behind the drapes in the cafeteria than sitting nicely at the table eating the hot dog and french fries I bought her for lunch. But at least we got to spend some time together on Kirk's birthday, I got a peek into the real world (that I used to know) of the working people, and Kirk's coworkers generally seemed amused to see a cute 2 and a half year old running around the office rather than annoyed at the added noise.

Happy birthday to my favorite guy in the whole wide world!

PHOTO UPDATE: